Monday, June 9, 2014

40 Acres And A Mule? New Paradigms and Mindsets Of 'Prosperity Consciousness'


Forty acres and a mule refers to a concept in the United States for former enslaved African American farmers, following disruptions to the institution of slavery provoked by the American Civil War. Many freedmen believed they had a moral right to own the land they had long worked as slaves, and were eager to control their own property. Freed people widely expected to legally claim 40 acres of land and a mule after the end of the war. Well, it's time for much more than 40 acres! It is time for many minorities to become millionaires!


This is the second article in the series on Black Wealth, which is based on my book entitled; “I Am A MinorityMillionaire!” First of all, I want you to know that I contemplated much before writing on the I Am A MinorityMillionaire concept. Now, let’s get it straight. I am not a black activist or racist person. I love the diversity of humanity. I sincerely love all humanity and I have attended predominantly white schools all of my life. I also lived in Alaska for 20 years and was the first Black elder in a large historically white church. Only 3% of Alaskans are Black. So in my desire to be politically correct and middle of the road, I struggled with the concept of writing to target minorities. My enlightenment started when I realized first that I was called to this work and that this concept is not really about just African Americans or blacks, but it is about the “underdog” in life. The Minority Millionaire concept is not just for Blacks.
It is for people who have been counted out as insignificant by the masses.
It is for those who have at any time felt inferior.
It is for those who have been enslaved by limited or negative thinking. Have you ever considered the fact that wrong thinking enslaves many? The Bible calls these patterns of thought strongholds (2 Corinthians 10:1-5). Today we call them paradigms. A paradigm is simply a way of seeing things, a point of view
It is a known fact that many Blacks still suffer from the lingering mental effects of past slavery. Many fail to acknowledge this, yet it is real. Any people who have been enslaved for hundreds of years must face and deal with the mental effects of a poor self-image.  In no way am I putting down whites or calling them racist. No white person alive today owned slaves. Yet, we must deal with cause and effect. For every effect, there is a cause. One example is in the measurement of Black and White wealth. Blacks need new mental paradigms of wealth, which means new mind-sets and new heart-sets. It has been noted that whites in general have 17 times the wealth of Blacks. I know for a fact that Blacks are often targeted for extremely high interest rates in the automotive industry, where I have worked for nearly 25 years. This is not just done by whites, but often even by Black in owners and finance management at the dealership level. The same is true in the housing industry. I have been in dealerships where the interest rate was 29%! The number one group targeted for the high rate were African Americans. It's time for a change.

  
To see more Black Wealth manifested we must develop new paradigms and change mindsets and heart-sets from a poverty to a prosperity consciousness. The I Am A Minority Millionaire book is not about business plans, financial projections, budgets, or the like. It is about what I call “spiritual-pragmatism,” or marrying spiritual and practical concepts to produce extraordinary results. It is about using your God-given power to create wealth. It is about leaving the rat-race and manifesting wealth the way God intended it in the beginning. It is about changing your consciousness and the resultant change of your financial life for the good so that you can live a fabulous life. Get ready for abundance because the best is yet to come for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment